Sunday, March 9, 2025

There's more to do: Starting CCR

     As I continue the actual production/post production of Goose Chase, I have to start thinking about the Creative Critical Reflection. Although I would rather have more time to work on the actual opening, thankfully the CCR won't require that much extra research as I have already been reflecting on my work throughout these blogs. The first question we have to tackle for out CCR is "How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?". This is a great starting point for my reflection of the opening as so much of the planning and choices I made were in relation to genre. So, as I've discussed in depth, the genre(s) I would label my project with would be Mystery and Comedy. What are the conventions I plan to talk about:

MYSTERY

  • Detective main character
    • references to classic noir
  • Investigation board
  • Specific props (notebook, binoculars)
  • Utilizing shadows


COMEDY
  • Bright color scheme
  • Costume design that reflects mindset
  • Relatable situations
  • "funny" music







    

    These are conventions I took note of during my research, but the main convention I chose to challenge was how the detective characters are usually introduced. Many mystery films create this detective that is smarter than everybody, can notice the smallest of clues, and everybody is in awe of their talent, seeking their help. However, I decided that one of the main conflicts of the movie would be the opposite, everyone doubts Casey, and possibly even the audience. This also leads into what type of representation I had. Casey is a teenage girl and I was thinking of having the juxtaposition of her dedication against other's dismissiveness be commentary on how young adults, in this case specifically girls, are not taken seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goose Chase Opening & CCRs!!

 This is it!     Here is how you can access the Goose Chase film opening https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzF2TxB136UVhf9FCINklVVpzj1FjE7n/v...