Sunday, March 23, 2025

Final Reflection

    IT'S OVER!!!! Of course I enjoyed the process of making and reflecting on something I made on my own, but I do have to confess I'm relieved I've reached the end. From the start, I knew I wanted to work alone. This is due to just being used to the solo work ethic, but also because when we were told we had to make a story of our own, I really wanted it to be MY OWN (with all the advantages and disadvantages). Just like every creative endeavor I take on, the planning and designing stage is my favorite. I loved exploring different ideas by making quick storyboards and putting together objects that would represent Casey as a character. It's funny to think back on my original opening idea, which was a more basic Coming of Age. As I kept on working the plot, I searched for a twist to spice it up. What was originally just two friends chatting, ending on a darker note about one of their sisters being missing, became my introduction into the mystery genre. As I allowed myself to move away from the first idea I had, I was able to create a much more unique and fun storyline. 
    As I mentioned, working solo did come with its pros and cons. To be honest, the only real issue I had was when it came to needing other people to act and sometimes feeling overwhelmed. Even then, I have friends who worked alone and easily had actors and I solved my problem with the help of my parents and Sara, so in the end not that bad. If anything, that taught me the value of scheduling that I honestly faltered on. Nevertheless, having the freedom to play around with different ideas and be able to go back and forth between several approaches without having to compromise was great. 
Picture of little Sofia for official Full Circle Moment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goose Chase Opening & CCRs!!

 This is it!     Here is how you can access the Goose Chase film opening https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzF2TxB136UVhf9FCINklVVpzj1FjE7n/v...