Thursday, March 13, 2025

Group Meeting #2

    Group check in! As the project deadline gets closer I really wanted to see how other people were doing in terms of progress. All of us have filmed and started/are editing our openings, so we talked about issues we've run into as well as things we've learned. One thing we touched on that I think we all agreed was really important and helpful is overshooting/filming a scene from as many angles as possible. Having a variety of content is extremely helpful during editing, like Candelaria mentioned. She showed us her group's opening and we all loved the way the clips were edited to match the the music's pacing. When she was telling us their production process, she told us how helpful (even though it was time consuming) having various options for angles when editing was. She also told us how her group worked around obstacles they encountered like scheduling with actors.
    Similarly, the rest of us shared behind the scenes pictures and ideas. I honestly hadn't really thought about character construction beyond costume, but Rehan showed us how he and his partner used make up to make their character look beat up. This really added to the tone of their opening and how they established character and conflict. Within our group, Candelaria and Rehan are working with partners while me, Lucia, and Alexis chose to work solo, so we talked about how that influences our work. Beyond the literal opening, we brainstormed ideas for the Creative Critical Reflections which we're all nervous for. A couple of us have ideas for the first CCR video, after talking about different ideas and examples I decided I wanted to make my first CCR in-character to discuss genre conventions. I'm happy with this as it makes sense for Casey's character to be aware of such things, kind of meta. I still have to specifically script out how I can present this information in a natural way, but for now I'm just glad I have an idea to build off of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goose Chase Opening & CCRs!!

 This is it!     Here is how you can access the Goose Chase film opening https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzF2TxB136UVhf9FCINklVVpzj1FjE7n/v...