Thursday, March 6, 2025

Goose Chase Production

     Moving on from just the board, I filmed more of the character centered sequence. Sadly, it was time for me to go beyond writing about Casey and actually play her. As you can see below, it took several takes to get shots right and give Editing Sofia more to work with. To note, while filming a part with dialogue I noticed a pretty average/poor audio quality. Nevertheless, it should be fine as most of the opening uses non diegetic instrumentals and I don't have access to other audio tools outside my phone. After the frustration of lining up the composition of shots with test shots and my watch's view, I can say it was a productive day. More so, as I got a better sense of the tone of Goose Chase I added more conventions to fit in the mystery/comedy genre. For instance, in place of a cigarette older detectives traditionally use, I thought a lollipop would fit Casey's character more and the tone of the opening. 



  

      The only filming/production aspects left to complete this week are the interview sequence and inserts. Today I also shot some inserts, such as another angle of Casey looking out the window and her "putting out" the lollipop. For the window-peering shot, because I am yet to choose the attempt that will be used in the final product and I had different approaches, I filmed the insert from both left and right to cover all possibilities. However, when I first started filming in the desk room, I realized the lighting was not the greatest. Thankfully, I was able to use the set/prop lamp as a sort of spotlight that added to the mystery aesthetic and fixed the issue/potential continuity issue. To note, due to the reflectiveness of the desk , the spotlight can be very intense in some shots. To neutralize this spot I put a yellow sticky note above the bulb which I ended up liking the tint it gave.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goose Chase Opening & CCRs!!

 This is it!     Here is how you can access the Goose Chase film opening https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzF2TxB136UVhf9FCINklVVpzj1FjE7n/v...