Friday, March 7, 2025

Editing: Titles

     So, after many tries to write out the title on paper and edit it on top of the video, they just kept coming out too skinny and wouldn't stand out enough (unreadable). However, I still wanted the title to be something other than just computer typed. This is when I realized I have a bunch of leftover letters from the credits. As soon as I picked out the letters and put them together, I loved how it tied into the opening's tone and genre. It makes sense to me because while the "cut out letters/mystery/crime" letters reference the credits, the colors and divergence from a regular title format implies the movie will have another, atypical, style. To implement this mixed media title, I imported the picture of the letters into Procreate. From here I selected each letter to remove the paper white background, slightly moved them between frames, and added a greenscreen. I wanted to give the title some movement to make the shot more interesting.



    Now the problem is where do I put it. The initial plan illustrated in my storyboard had the title at the beginning when Casey closes the closet, so I purposefully shot a long take to allow time for the title. However, when I shot the office scene the other day, I also considered this as an opportunity for the title, similarly having a big blank space. At the moment I am still considering my options, but I think I'm leaning towards the second option (window). If so, I'll either edit down or reshoot the closet shot to make it shorter. In the screenshots of my timeline you may see how it says my total time is around 3 minutes, but this is becasue I have been spacing out different portions to be able to simultaneously work on different parts. Now that I have most of my footage I can edit this down to be more accurate to the final timeline.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Goose Chase Opening & CCRs!!

 This is it!     Here is how you can access the Goose Chase film opening https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzF2TxB136UVhf9FCINklVVpzj1FjE7n/v...