How did your production skills develop throughout this project?
Question 3 will be part of the Commercial-style CCR video, below is an outline of the part of the script answering this prompt. For questions 3 and 4 I will act as a salesperson "selling" the tools/technologies (Question 4) to viewers by describing and showing how they helped my production. I plan to implement different commercial conventions such as customer testimonials, attention getting phrases, and inserts of the product. Specifically for Question 3, the main skills I developed during Goose Chase are planning (pre production) and decision making throughout the process (production, editing).
Saleswoman
Prior to purchasing these products, sure customers could film sequences using a variety of shots with specific purposes, but after using our services, she was able to use editing techniques to elevate these visuals, including color correction and music.
(Inserts of screen recordings of Adobe Premiere showing the before and afters of techniques listed, filters applied to sequences and shots where actions were paired with music timing.)
Saleswoman
Just listen to this customer testimonial of how this production has changed the way she approaches media projects
Customer Sofia
Dressed in Casey costume to link back to Goose Chase
In the beginning of this project I was very precise and enjoyed the planning part of production so much more that I would redo storyboards aiming for perfection. However, I learned that creating is more about adapting to things as they happen. OF COURSE planning before hand is vital for organization and making things that make sense, but I found new freedom when I allowed myself to deviate from my previous decisions in the name of trying new things. This was exemplified with my title, which was originally planned for a shot I later deemed to long and boring, ending up with the final placement that I know is more visually interesting in addition to contributing to the character and tone of the opening.
(During the testimonial, add pictures around her speaking/cut away from the talking head)
No comments:
Post a Comment