Saturday, March 15, 2025

CCR Q2

How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

    To answer this question, I go back to our music video marketing project from a couple months back where we put together a made up artist's debut and how he would grow his fanbase. The first and probably most influential factor of this approach is to asses your target audience, who are the people who will support this story when it's just starting out. Based on Casey as a character and the tone/aesthetics of what the whole movie would be like, Goose Chase would target young women, around ages 15 to 24. Of course people beyond this range could enjoy the story, the themes and conflicts the movie explores would speak especially to this specific group. In addition, the who dunnit, mystery aspect would be better understood by teens and up. Although it is not the main genre, Goose Chase could fit into Coming Of Age as Casey has to face her peers on top of the mystery case. Building off the themes and conflicts Goose Chase presents, the film would engage audiences by showing how people's treatment of young people/girls not only puts down their passions, but does a disservice to themselves as they miss out on new, innovative ideas. The comedic tone helps differentiate it from the usual, more serious mystery genre and align more with a younger audience. 




    As a start, distribution would initially be through YouTube. This entails more than just the movie (free/rent/buy), but trailers, teasers, and behind the scenes as well. This would further engage audiences by building hype for its official release and then keep the fanbase alive afterwards. On a larger scale, film festivals would present Goose Chase to a bigger audience, even including people who work in entertainment. Building these connections would also expand how Goose Chase is distributed as a real media text, for instance leading to bigger marketing campaigns with merchandise and cross media convergence.
    I ended up deciding that my initial "in character CCR" idea would just not be good. Along with how I'm unsure how I would script that to clearly answer the prompts, I just don't think me acting as Casey during the CCR would look/sound good. A classic interview format is more to the point and effective, but I still want to add another element to it. The possibilities I have been brainstorming include different types of interviews like Variety's Making a Scene and beauty pageants. Another option I like is a cooking show style segment where a chef describes the ingredients and steps to making the perfect Mystery Comedy (Goose Chase!).



    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goose Chase Opening & CCRs!!

 This is it!     Here is how you can access the Goose Chase film opening https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzF2TxB136UVhf9FCINklVVpzj1FjE7n/v...