In the two days that we had to shoot the pictures, we worked efficiently. After putting together a shot list with an outline of how the sequence would go, actually taking the pictures was easy. Looking back I can really appreciate the impact good pre-production has as because of the work we did at home/earlier, we were able to get right to work and take advantage of the time we had in class, our main set. Nevertheless there were still a remainder of shots we had to take outside school.
The best feeling you can get from creating something is when a shot comes out exactly as you hoped, or better. For me, the over the shoulder shot is an example of this as I was not sure how the composition of the shot would work using such small characters. Yet, it ended up working, even more so as the black color of the backpack helps the orange keychain stand out in the background. In addition, we were able to still convey the emotion of the keychain by taking advantage of the level of detail an extreme close up shows. I cut out small eyebrows to attach to the keychain's face to emphasize his anger in the 'scene'. The tension and determination of the scene would not have been the same without this addition. Therefore, I believe we did a good job of conveying emotion using composition, angles, and props.
Specific examples from the project:
However, the challenges of using characters of such small scale were still felt. Particularly for the extreme close up, my phone camera would become unfocused the closer I got. I would improve this aspect of the shoot by either using bigger figures or a camera with a better lens. The final shot could also be improved by planning earlier. The lighting affected how visible the characters were as we balanced them on another plush on a car dashboard. So, next time we could think about what time and setting would best work for the scene, for instance sense they are running off together, a colorful sunset backdrop would better match the mood.
No comments:
Post a Comment