Wednesday, February 26, 2025

The board!!!

    Of course I consider the investigation board one of, if not the most, important aspects of the opening. Although the details of the actual case are not what should be the audience's #1 concern, the overall picture of meticulous research and passion from Casey's part is essential to the opening. Through various quick shots of the board as credits appear, we get a sense of the genre and character type being introduced. I searched for inspiration from detective movies and other online resources like this DIY article.

POLICE SKETCHES

    I want to include a variety of materials on the board and one thing I wanted to try making was a police sketch. To be honest this type of drawing is not what I'm used to so it looks a bit goofy but I tried following techniques like shading and focusing on features that appeared in the several examples I looked through. More understanding of the process came from watching this PBS video about Police Composite Sketching. Researching this different approach helped me expand my idea of what involves an investigation, beyond just pinning different articles to the board. 






ONE MAN'S TRASH IS ANOTHER MAN'S EVIDENCE

    Finally my accumulation of trash and paper is useful. To make it feel like Casey really follows every lead she finds, even if it leads down the garbage, I pinned various scraps of paper including receipts, maps, and mail that could look like evidence for a case. I made sure that no personal information is accidently shown to only give the illusion of detail. The credits will be integrated into the sequence in a similar fashion of the index cards with letter stickers so that they still stick out and draw the audience's attention while fitting into the narrative world. There is still more to add, I feel like more pictures and news articles will really bring it all together. Hopefully I can start filming tomorrow with a complete investigation board as it's the part that will take the most time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Goose Chase Opening & CCRs!!

 This is it!     Here is how you can access the Goose Chase film opening https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzF2TxB136UVhf9FCINklVVpzj1FjE7n/v...