Sunday, February 23, 2025

Setting the scene

    The two sets I will be able to control the most are the investigation board location and Casey's desk at the end of the opening. As of now I will be using a pin board that is set up in another wall of my house when it's supposed to be in Casey's closet. To make it look like it is inside I plan to limit my shots to close ups that show all the details but don't give away that it is not inside a closet. A shot of Casey closing a closet while holding items like pins and string for the board will follow the credit sequence to connect these locations. The interview sequence that follows this show Casey in multiple locations but where they are doesn't matter, if anything only the shots of her outside with the binoculars. Therefore, when I decide who will be the people Casey is interviewing or following I can determine the best locations that work with them.
    The set that will be most developed is Casey's desk. As pictured below, many items that have been discussed in previous blogs will be included as well as additional desk materials. This coming week I plan to prepare more decorative pieces including evidence for the investigation board and things to cover the bottom of the posters on the wall of the desk to stay within the context of Casey's character. I like the location of the desk in the room as there is not anything too close to it that can distract. This also allows me to set up the tripod for different angles so that the scene does not get too boring. In terms of lighting, I like that the lamp I chose fits the aesthetic (instead of a more modern one) but I will have to play with how the scene will be lit on the day of shooting so that it isn't too intense/bright in one spot. Looking at my storyboard, I know I will dedicate a lot of time and shots to presenting the sets and objects that surround Casey as apart from her interactions, are what communicate her character and objectives.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Goose Chase Opening & CCRs!!

 This is it!     Here is how you can access the Goose Chase film opening https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzF2TxB136UVhf9FCINklVVpzj1FjE7n/v...