Sunday, February 16, 2025

Storyboard!!!

      Progress!!!! I made this storyboard to get an idea of the shots I'm going to use in the opening and how much I'm going to show. Initially I was unsure of how many shots would make up the 2 minutes of opening but I feel confident that with paced editing and additional inserts I'll make it to the time limit easily. As I mentioned in my schedule breakdown, I plan on editing as I get the footage, so once I start putting together a rough edit I'll have a better sense of what is missing/what is needed. The storyboard also helps me visualize what I will need to prepare, including props, set design, and even actors. I wanted to avoid having to rely on other people to act but the story calls for other characters' perspectives, so I kept their parts short yet effective in communicating their feelings.

      As you can see in storyboard, I tried to get a sense of lighting and shadows by using different shading, but because this is still just planning it was overall simple sketches. The only color I included was in the investigation board in the very beginning to indicate the main character's annotations and highlighting of articles and maps related to the case. Additionally, through the process of making the storyboard I landed on editing sequences I plan to include, such as the montage of the detective interviewing "suspects and witnesses", switching from her looking at the camera to her point of view.

Storyboard also found here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goose Chase Opening & CCRs!!

 This is it!     Here is how you can access the Goose Chase film opening https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzF2TxB136UVhf9FCINklVVpzj1FjE7n/v...