Saturday, March 1, 2025

Day 2 of Goose Chase

    Today I was able to film some more beginning shots of Casey looking at the board I made last post. Also, as you could probably tell from this blog, I have decided on a title, Goose Chase. There's a specific shot in my storyboard where the title appears over Casey's side profile and as I went to write a placeholder over a screenshot, I don't know why Goose Chase came to mind. However, it makes sense. To everyone else, the investigation might look like the idiom "a wild goose chase", the Merriam-Webster Dictionary defining it as "usually fruitless pursuit", but only Casey can look past the mocking. Tomorrow I plan to work on the literal title card (font, color) but this screenshot gives an idea of my goal, including Casey and the investigation board in her closet behind the text.

    


    This is also a key scene/moment as it marks the shift in tone from purely Casey's perspective to external. The effort it took to set up my phone camera, perfect angles/composition, and lighting really demonstrates the problems that arise during production. Although I chose to work individually because of the freedom of making my own creative decisions without having to compromise, I am reminded of this choice when I literally don't have the hands to do things. For instance, the credit/board sequence shots where I use both hands to pin something were only possible thanks to my parents holding the flashlight. Today's assistance was by my Samsung watch which allows me to see my camera screen on my watch. This is really useful when setting up a shot when I need the subject in the frame, me, to line it up right. By using this technology I was able to save a lot of time walking back and forth from behind and in front the camera. Here is an extremely rough cut of what I was thinking, of course the music will be timed more precisely and there will be a stylized font/title. Nevertheless, it confirmed what I was not 100% before which was the music. Although I was going to go with "Connective Tissue" by Alex Hamlin (royalty free), "Toy Store Funk" by Karneef, also found free for use in Youtube's Audio Library, ultimately was the choice as it has a nice beat I liked during editing.


WILD-GOOSE CHASE Definition & Meaning. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.merriam-               

 webster.com/dictionary/wild-goose%20chase

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goose Chase Opening & CCRs!!

 This is it!     Here is how you can access the Goose Chase film opening https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzF2TxB136UVhf9FCINklVVpzj1FjE7n/v...