Specifically, the beginning of the opening will be dedicated to the credit sequence, implementing the names into the "film's" world by physically writing credits on post it notes and paper that will fit in with the bulletin/investigation board. This will be a short sequence of the main character pinning new evidence and tips to her ongoing board. After this sequence the shots will aim to emphasize setting, props, and costume, all working to make the audience understand the character's personality and why she might be some sort of outcast. Supposedly, the rest of the film this opening would be a part of would follow our detective on a specific investigation that holds personal history, even more of a reason to be invested. However, the film would use the mystery genre convention of different character perspectives and "unreliable narrators" to make the audience question who they should believe. In the final part of the movie, the ensemble cast would realize that they should have been taking the detective more seriously the entire time as they work out who the true villain is.
Next thing I clearly have to settle on is a proper name for the main character and important side characters that will be mentioned in the opening so that this planning is more understandable. The picture below is from a Comedy/Mystery, See How They Run, that I plan to watch soon as research. I like the clear character design from this image, especially because I imagine my main character similar to Saoirse Ronan's.

No comments:
Post a Comment